Crunchy Choco Cups With Pecans Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 200 gr dark chocolate bars (I used Lindt Dessert 85% Cacao)
- 100 gr milk chocolate bars
- 1 Mars bar (62 gr)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup cornflakes, lightly crushed
- 1/2 cup pecans, roasted, coarsely chopped
How to make Crunchy Choco Cups With Pecans
This is perfect to fill in small gift bags to give away for friends and relatives, plus it's really easy. This is a modification of one of Nigella's recipes. I once watched one of her shows where the theme was chocolate. Well, being a chocolate lover myself I was really eager to try the recipe immediately. One of the things that excites me about the recipe was that she added Mars chocolate bar for 'the extra gooey feeling', I thought "Wow, nice description" LOL. The difference is that she used bittersweet chocolate chips.
When I was in France I found the Lindt Dessert 85% Cacao. Once I've tried it I fell in love immediately LOL. I've also tried chocolate bars with 100% pasta de cacao here in Spain, I made some chocolate pudding with it. Hmmm..I don't know, but I prefer Lindt's. I think it's richer in terms of the aroma I guess? Here I've only found Lindt dessert with 70% cacao, but it's good enough. You can also ditch the milk chocolate bar if you don't like it.
So here it goes:
- Melt the chocolates, butter, and Mars bar in a double boiler
- Stir it until it's well-blended
- In a bowl, combine the crushed cornflakes, chopped pecans, and the chocolate mixture. Mix it well
- Scoop the mixture in to small paper cups.
- Sprinkle with some chopped roasted pecans
- Refrigerate for about 15-30 min.
You can add any combinations to your liking. Dried fruits, walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, pine nuts, rice cereals, anything it's endless. Enjoy and have fun! ^_^