Turkey Surprise Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
- Whole Turkey
- Lemon (2)
- Baby Carrots
- Boiler Onions
How to make Turkey Surprise
Turkey Surprise? This recipe / method is a quick one. It usually results in slightly varying tastes depending on how you portion out the various ingredients.
Makes for a great alternative to traditional turkey and stuffing.
- Thaw your Turkey if it isn't already
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Clean / cut all your ingredients
- Cut one lemon into slices and the other lemon in half.
- We'll only be using the stalks of the leeks so you can cut off the bulbs
- Cut the leeks & celery into a size approximate to the baby carrots
- Leave boiler onions as is
- Pat salt, pepper, basil and rosemary into the skin of the turkey
- Line roasting pan with a bed of leek leaves
- Stuff the carcass with leeks, baby carrots, boiler onions, celery, and half a lemon.
- Layer lemon slices on the exterior of the turkey
- Leave lid of the roasting pan off, and place pan on the lowest rack in the oven.
- Adjust temperature to 400 degrees after 30 minutes.
Depending on the size of your turkey it will vary in time so keep a sharp eye on it. My approx 20lb turkey took arround 2.5 - 3 hours.
With all the vegetables, this results in a very juicy turkey. Be careful of the hot juices or when biting into it.
Pair with a nice Shiraz.