Aspara-Enoki Ume Roll Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- Asparagus - thin ones
- Enoki Mushrooms
- Bacon or really thinly sliced pork (shabu-shabu style)
- Ume-shiso*secret ingredient*
How to make Aspara-Enoki Ume Roll
- Cut aspara & enoki to roughly the same length as the pork slice
- Pan-fry aspara till 90% cooked
- Smash ume-shiso and smear it generously on one end of the pork slice
- top it up with aspara & enoki and roll it all!
- Pan-fry the rolls
Tip 1: You can add a bit of tubed ume-shiso paste if you don't have enough umes.
Tip 2: If you're using bacon, don't add the ume-shiso paste as it will be way too salty.
Tip 3: This makes a delightful appetizer especially when nobody expects to taste the tangy ume-shiso when you bite into the roll. :)