Cream Puff Fritters Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour, sifted
- small pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- oil for frying
How to make Cream Puff Fritters
- Combine butter, salt and water in a small pot and bring to boil over low heat.
- Remove from heat and add in the flour mixing vigorously to avoid lumps. Mix until it has a paste consistency and holds in one piece.
- Let it sit in a bowl to cool down for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the eggs one at a time making sure to beat after every addition. You can do by hand but i prefer an electric mixer for a smoother consistency. Mix until the mixture becomes creamy and light.
- You can put the mixture in a pastry bag and pipe it over the hot oil but since I don't have any of those, I just use 2 spoons to form my fritters and fry them (about 300 F temp) until their golden brown. Watch out for the first one that you dropped in since they get brown faster than the others so give them a flip before they get too brown.
- Once golden brown you can take them off the oil and roll them over some cinnamon sugar.