Perfect Jello Shots Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1 Package Lime Jello
- 1 Cup Water, Boiled
- 1 1/2 Cups Finlandia Lime/Lime Flavored Vodka, room temperature
- 1 1/2 Cup Margarita Mix/Sour Mix, room temperature
- 2 Tsp Lime Juice
- PAM Cooking Spray
How to make Perfect Jello Shots
Usually Jello shots are either too sweet and fruity or too strong. This is a perfect recipe I've perfected over the years. If you don't like the lime flavor substitute for another flavor of Jello and substitute the margarita mix for a juice that mixes well with the Jello flavor. The main thing is to keep the measurements the same because the right amount of alcohol to Jello to juice content is key.
- About 30 minutes before pouring the Jello mixture into the shot glasses, spray each one with PAM vegetable oil to avoid sticking. Arrange shot glasses in serving tray and spray with PAM
- Boil water
- Empty Jello pack in a pitcher or jug. Something that can pour easily
- Add boiling/hot water to Jello
- Stir for a minute until completly dissolved
- Stir in margarita mix and mix togther
- Let sit for a few minutes or until you no longer see steam coming out of the mixture
- Add vodka
- Add lime juice
- Stir and pour into individual shot glasses
- Let sit for 6 hours or overnight
Here's a trick if you don't have a lot of time:
Simply place the tray of Jello shots in the freezer for 45 minutes - no more, no less. At this point they are semi-set. Place them into the fridge and they will set in 2 hours.
This recipe with one package of Jello makes 40 Jello shots.