Blue Cheese/Tobasco Burger Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
IngredientsHere's the ingredients list for the Blue Cheese Burgers:
This makes 6 servings.
- 2 lbs 80/20 ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1-2 red onion(s)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 Kaiser rolls
- Blue Cheese for topping
- Spring Mix for topping
- 5 tbsp Mayonnaise
How to make Blue Cheese/Tobasco Burger
If you liked this recipe, please visit: http://flyingricecooker.blogspot.com
Since the sun has been shining more, and the weather has finally started to turn warm, I had decided it was a good time for a barbecue. This way I could utilize the hibachi grill I received as a birthday present months ago, and enjoy a nice relaxing weekend filled with endless burgers and beer. This Memorial weekend was definitely a weekend of barbecues for me (Saturday and Monday).
A week in advance, I had preplanned our Saturday barbecuing menu. It went something like this:
- Blue Cheese Burgers with Caramelized Red Onions
- Shoestring onions
- Grilled corn; and
- Beer! (Lots of it!)
The blue cheese burger and shoe string onions recipe I borrowed from Pioneer Woman. She had called the blue cheese burger her favorite burger ever! And after tasting it... I'd have to agree! It was soooo juicy, and boy does it go well with beer. Mmm! And trust me, and Pioneer Woman, about that blue cheese. Even if it's not your favorite thing in the world, you have to give it a try on this burger, because it definitely compliments the flavors very very well. As for the onion strings, they added a nice (and I thought needed) crunch to everything.
- Lets do our caramelized onions first because they take the longest. Cut your red onions into thick ringed slices.
- Butter a frying pan with 2 tbsp, throw in red onions, and add brown sugar. Combine thoroughly.
it on medium heat for 3-4 minutes, then turn heat to low and leave on
low for ~20 minutes to allow the onions to caramelize. Stir
- Take beef and marinate with salt, pepper, and
Tabasco. I gave it a good 7-8 splashes of Tabasco because I do love
spice. (If you don't know that just yet, you'll definitely notice this
later.) Combine ingredients.
- Separate meat into 6 different chunks, and form each chunk into a ball with your hands. Once you've done this, splat them down until you get a nice circle. (You can use your hands to help mold them into a circle if there are certain problem areas sticking out.)
- Now they're ready for grilling, so grill
them! (I like to add the blue cheese in near the end of the grilling
process so it melts just a bit).
- Take mayo and add as many splashes of Tabasco to it as you'd like. Give it a little taste test after every 3-4 splashes.
- Butter the kaiser rolls, toast (or grill) them. Spread mayo mix on them after they are done.
- Assemble your burger.
**P.S. I've had better beers then the Samuel Adams Summer Brew. Usually, Sam Adams is good, but this summer one just was not a favorite of mine.