Easy Fried Rice Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
IngredientsMakes 3-4 servings.
- 2 Chinese sausages, cubed
- 2 tbl oil
- 1 cup peas
- ½ cup scallions
- 3 tsp Golden MountainSauce
- 3 tsp table salt
- 1½ cup of shrimp
- 4 cloves garlic (optional)
- 3 shallots (optional)
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 3 cups of jasmine rice (just an estimate, really)
How to make Easy Fried Rice
When I made this, I really just threw together some of the stuff that I found in the fridge. I'm telling you, as long as you have Golden Mountain Sauce, I really don't think you can mess up this fried rice. I used shrimp because it was what I had in my freezer, but you can use any type of meat you'd like, from chicken, pork, or beef. It's really all up to you!
To be a tad bit honest, I was pleasantly surprised, because the end result was more then I had expected. My boyfriend said that it tasted like the fried rice we'd get at an Asian eatery, like Sam Woo's. How glad I was to hear that! Anyway, here's the cooking directions, super easy!
- Head pan and pour in oil. When oil is hot enough, through in Chinese sausages and shrimp, cook for a minute.
- Throw in garlic and shallots and mix until they turn a light golden color. Remove all components from pan and reserve for later.
- Pour in more oil, and throw in the 3 whisked eggs. Wait until the bottoms of the eggs cook, then lightly begin to scramble (more like mix them. I always try to avoid to scramble too much because I don't like the texture of scrambled eggs, too moist for me).
- Once eggs looked good and cooked, throw in rice, Golden Mountain sauce, salt, peas, and the sausage, shrimp, garlic, shallot mix. Combine well.
- Garnish with scallions, or you can do what I do and just mix them right in!