Make-Your-Own Wraps Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- Soft flour tortillas
- Cold roast chicken
- Salad Leaves
- Sliced yellow peppers
- Sliced cucumber
- Salt and Pepper
- Corn Relish
How to make Make-Your-Own Wraps
My kids are pretty adventurous, but still regularly turn their noses up at perfectly yummy food. I've found getting them to fill and roll these chicken wraps themselves means they're about ten times more likely to eat the finished article than if I'd plonked them down ready made! Plus I don't even need to cook.
- Shred/chop some cold cooked chicken
- Slice salad ingredients into nice long thin pieces that will roll up well inside the wrap
- Put all your prepared fillings into bowls/plates ready for construction
- Set out your mayo, relish etc
- Give your diners an empty wrap and plate and let them get busy creating their own fave fillings
Little kids may need some help rolling the wraps up and when ours get annoyed with them falling apart we secure them around the bottom with kitchen foil (the wraps, not the children)
We had them this time with raw spinach as I was out of lettuce and we often have plain yoghurt or sour cream instead of mayo, sometimes grated cheese, too (god, how my two year old loves grating). Of course, pretty much anything can go in!