Puertorican Mamposteao Rice Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
- 1 can pink beans
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 Cup chopped green peppers
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Cooking Ham
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup white cooking wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small potato chopped in 1/2 in cubes
- 2 cups cooked white rice recipe follows
How to make Puertorican Mamposteao Rice
- Cook 2 cups of rice with some oil and salt. Set aside and let it cool.
- On a hot pot add olive oil and cooking ham. Saute for about 1 minute on medium high
- Add onions, green peppers, garlic and cilantro. Cook for about two minutes
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the tomato sauce. Keep cooking on medium hich for about 1 minute
- Add the beans and the potatoes. Saute for about 1 minute stirring frequently.
- Add the same amount of water using the beans can. Stir, cover and cook on medium low for about 20 minutes. Stir every 3 or 4 minutes. Set aside and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- On a hot large pan 2 tsp of extra virgin oil and the unsalted butter. Reduce heta to medium.
- When the butter has melted add some chopped onions. Stir until onions are cooked.
- Add the white wine and stir until the sauce is reduced.
- Add the rice and stir constantly until all ingredients are hot and mix.
- Add about 1 cup of the cooked beans stirring constantly. Add more beans as needed (Not necessarily the whole amount), and keep stirring until you get a nice creamy mix.
Excellent with any grilled steak or chicken. Add some salted fried green plantains (tostones) on the side.
Instead of cooking ham you may use any kind of sausage, spanish chorizos, etc or anything you like.