Granny Kit's Biscuits Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 140g self-raising flour
- 115g margarine
- 55g caster sugar
- anything else you'd like to add, vanilla essence, chocolate chips etc.
How to make Granny Kit's Biscuits
This is a recipe kindly given to me by my Godmother. It was often made by her mother and whenever I'd visit I would always be welcomed by the sweet buttery smell of these fresh baked biscuits. As a child I never got the chance to tell her how much I love them, which I regret.
Rest In Peace Granny Kit.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F/180C.
- Soften the margarine (I used my fingers) then add the sugar in parts, beating until smooth.
- If you are adding any essence, I suggest adding it now.
- Gradually sift in the flour and mix until it forms a dough like substance (flavouring can be added with the flour, lemon rind, cocoa etc).
- Using your hands, form into balls the size of walnuts and flatten onto a greased tray, using a fork dipped in water.
- At this stage I sprinkled a few chocolate chips onto the biscuits.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, and leave to cool for at least 20 minutes (longer if you've used chocolate).