No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 200g digestive biscuits (I used sweetmeal)
- 100g butter
- 200g cream cheese
- 150ml double cream
- 75g icing sugar
- juice of 1 lemon (or 2 if you really like lemon)
How to make No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
I adore this dessert. It's SO easy and tastes delicious. You can add your own twist too by adding ginger or trying different fruits and juices.
- Put all the biscuits into a food bag, hold the end and crush the biscuits with the end of a rolling pin or something similar. Alternately, grind with the back of a large wooden spoon in a mixing bowl.
- When you have lots of small crumbs in a mixing bowl, add the butter. I find melting it before helps this stage a lot.
- Mix the base mixture together, to create a moist biscuit base.
- Fill an 8" cake tin or something similar with the mixture, and press down with the back of a spoon, and leave in the fridge to set.
- Add the cream cheese to the double cream in a mixing bowl and whisk until you have a thick, creamy mixture.
- Add the icing sugar and lemon juice and anything else you wish to add, and mix in until smooth and thick.
- Add on top of the biscuit base, and spread evenly.
- Leave to set in the fridge for a few hours until the topping has set.