Corn & Ham Puffs Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
Ingredients2 sheets frozen puff pastry
1/2 cup whole kernel corn
2 slices ham (diced)
2 tbsp. mayonnaise
1 egg yolk
pinch of parsley flakes
How to make Corn & Ham Puffs
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Thaw puff pastry as instructed on box.
- Fully drain corn, then mix in diced ham and mayonnaise.
- Cut out pastry with a cookie cutter (approx. 2 in. diameter). Should yield about 27 pieces.
- Set 9 pieces aside, and using a smaller cookie cutter, cut out the center of the remaining 18 pieces.
- On a cookie sheet, place a complete piece as the bottom, then stack 2 holed pieces on top of it.
- Fill the hole with corn and ham.
- Beat egg yolk and brush a thin layer on the pastry.
- Repeat steps #6-8 for the rest of the pastry, then bake for 20 minutes, or until pastry is brown and fluffy.
- Remove from oven and garnish with parsley flakes.
This recipe makes a great hors d'oeuvre.
I personally prefer the Japanese Kewpie mayonnaise over the Kraft or Best Food ones.
Also, bake the left over "holes" as is and they are wonderful snacks!