gambas al ajillo Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- unsalted butter
- cayenne pepper
- red pepper flakes
- olive oil
How to make gambas al ajillo
1. Heat 2 T good olive oil and melt 1 T unsalted butter.
2. Saute 2-3 large cloves of garlic, minced. (this is, after all, garlic shrimp!) Cook until golden.
3. Season 1/2 lb peeled & deveined medium shrimps with a generous amount of s&p. Sprinkle with 1/2 t paprika and 1/2 t cayenne pepper plus a pinch of chili flakes. (adjust heat to your preference)
***** Now, how about adding 1 T chili garlic sauce in lieu of chili flakes and cayenne pepper for chinese-style gambas al ajillo? My lola makes this oft and we like it served on a hot sizzling plate with steamed white rice..... ahhhhhhhh heaven.*****
3. Add the seasoned shrimps to the garlic and cook until pink on one side, then give it a flip to cook the other side. This happens fast so be attentive. Once cooked, add a T or two chopped parsley.
4. Immediately transfer to a serving dish or hot plate and serve with your favorite cocktail OR bread (for sopping the "sauce" - yum) OR mounds of steamed white rice OR pasta.
***** Garnish with more parsley and red pepper flakes if desired. *****