Baked Chicken + Wild Rice with Mushrooms Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
– four chicken pieces (one thigh, wing, breast, and drumstick)
– olive oil
– salt + pepper
– poultry seasoning
– long grain wild rice
– two tablespoons butter
– package of sliced baby portabello mushrooms
How to make Baked Chicken + Wild Rice with Mushrooms
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Rinse the chicken pieces and pat dry with a paper towel. Coat the bottom of a roasting pan or heavy-duty baking sheet with a thin layer of olive oil.
2. Place the chicken on the pan (with the largest piece in the center), drizzle each with a little olive oil, and massage in. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken liberally with salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning. Put chicken in 400 degree F oven for 30 minutes.
3. While the chicken’s in the oven, begin preparing wild rice in rice cooker or on stove top per package instructions (takes approx. a half-hour).
4. After the chicken has cooked for 30 minutes, reduce the oven temp to 350 degrees F and continue to cook for an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
5. While the chicken is finishing up, melt two tablespoons of butter in a small pan over medium-low heat. Add sliced mushrooms and saute until juicy, about 5 to 8 minutes. Stir mushrooms and butter into the cooked wild rice and set aside.
6. Remove chicken from the oven and test for doneness. The skin should be golden and slightly crisp. When cut, the juices should run clear, not pink.
Serve chicken with rice alongside. Makes a meal for two. Enjoy!