Classic Filipino Turon Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- spring roll wrap
- brown sugar
- white sugar
- vegetable oil
How to make Classic Filipino Turon
I was itching for something sweet at the time and I had some bananas and spring roll wrap available... :-) So simple but so tasty!
- Quarter long bananas, by cutting them in half, then cut them lengthwise.
- Dip them in water.
- Mix a little golden brown sugar and white sugar together and sprinkle over top wet bananas.
- Wrap in spring roll wrapping.
- (Optional) Tap some water on spring roll and sprinkle sugar mixture over top. This will create less "clean" but sugary tops.
- Deep fry until golden and transfer to paper towel on a plate to absorb oil.