Passionfruit Cheesecake with Chocolate Graham Crac Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
IngredientsCream cheese 1.25 lb
Sugar 7 oz
Corn starch 1 1/2 tablespoons
Lemon Zest 2 1/2 tablespoons
Vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
Salt 1 teaspoon
Eggs 4 oz Egg yolks 1.5 oz
Heavy cream 2 oz
Milk 1 oz
Lemon Juice 0.25 oz
4 oz any cookie
1 oz sugar
2 oz melted butter.
How to make Passionfruit Cheesecake with Chocolate Graham Crac
1. Line the bottom of a 10 inch pan with a parchment paper and spray cooking oil or butter the sides of the pan. Coat the sides with a thin layer of graham cracker crust and a thick layer about half an to three quarter inch of cookie crust at the bottom. Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. Put the cream cheese in the mixing bowl with the paddle attachment, mix at low speed until it is smooth and lump free.
3. Add sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest, vanilla, and salt gradually into the mixer. Blend until smooth and even. Occasionally, stop the mixer and scrap the sides of the bowl and mix. It can get really messy now.
4. Add the eggs, a little at a time until each addition is well blended. Continue adding until all is well mixed.
5. Now, add all the diary products and lemon juice, while the machine is still in low speed. Be patient!
6. Strain the mixture with a china cap strainer. Fill the pans and up to 3/4 full. Take a larger pan and or deep baking tray to make a water bath/ bain marie. Place the cheesecake pans on the deep tray, place it in the oven, and pour water into the pan (yes, while your trays are halfway in the oven, to avoid spilling water).
7. Lower the temperature to 350F and bake until set. It takes about 50 minutes to an hour. Its a good wait.
To unmold the cheesecake. Simply place the cheesecake in the cooler for an hour or more if you can, overnight.
Hit the bottom and the sides of the pan with your palm. Invert the cake on a flat plate/cardboard/cutting board (if you like it ghetto style) with a layer of cling wrap, place a plate on the bottom of the cake and flip it again.