Pulpo á Feira (boiled Octopus, Gallician style) Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
- A big Octopus
- A lot of Water
- Cooking Salt
- Spanish Spicy Red Pepper (Pimentón)
- Spanish Virgin Olive Oil
How to make Pulpo á Feira (boiled Octopus, Gallician style)
It's very easy:
- To boil water in a big pot with a peeled onion.
- Get the big octopus and drown three times into the boiled water. This is because we don't want to remove the octopus peel.
- After 30 minutes we have to look if the octopus is not too soft, and move it away.
- The boiled potatoes have been cooked in slices before (thickness: +-1 cm,) during 15 minutes with laurel.
- Cut the octupus in little pieces with a scissors and put in a wood plate.
- Sprinkle the cooking salt, spanish spicy red pepper, and add virgin olive oil. If we want we can add garlic chopped up.
- Serve hot and enjoy!!!
This delicious recipe is better with a strong red wine and a good bread