Glutinous rice with chicken filling (lemper ayam) Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 3 cups glutinous rice
- 1 can coconut milk
- a pinch of salt
- banana leaf for wrapping
- tooth pick for seal
1 1/2 lbs chicken breast (boiled and shredded)
3 cloves garlic
3 cloves shallots
1/4 cup shaved palm sugar
1 tsp coriander powder
How to make Glutinous rice with chicken filling (lemper ayam)
1. Boil water and soak banana leaf to soften, for easier wrap. After soft, cut banana leaf square size.
2. Grind garlic,shallots , set a side.
3. Rinse glutinous rice, cook in rice cooker,add coconut milk, dilute with a little water and a pinch of salt, stir before close the lid. ( Fyi, glutinous rice do not need a lot of water to cook)
4. In a pan, add oil, garlic,shallots, stir till golden brown.
Add chicken breast, pepper,salt,palm sugar, coriander powder. stir and cooked well. Add a little bit of the coconut milk to make it creamy. Set a side.
5. Take a piece of banana leaf, 1 spoon of glutinous rice, flatten, add chicken filling, try to cover evenly with rice. Roll it and wrap it like picture, at both end you can use stapler or tooth pick. Repeat all.
6. In a pan, grill the pouch each side till banana leaf turn color.
7. Serve warm