Licked Snails Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1 Kg. of snails,
- 150 grs. Slices of bacon,
- 150 of pork sausage,
- 100 grs. of cured ham,
- 2 onions,
- 5 tomatoes,
- 4 garlic cloves,
- olive oil,
- 20 grs. of flour,
- a bit of sugar,
- black pepper
- and salt.
How to make Licked Snails
- First of all, snails should have been at least one week without eating. Then they have to be cleaned and washed several times. If you buy them frozen the recipe is shorter. If you don’t and they are alive follow this instruccions: When you have them clean have them in a pot with cold water at low fire, they will start showing out of the shell, when they do, turn fire on to top and have them boiling for 10 minutes. Rinse and clean up. Make them boil again in new water and some salt another 10 minutes. Reserve.
- Have olive oil in a casserole, cut the pork sausage and fry. When changes its colour into golden, leave aside.
- In the same oil, fry the bacon cut in small pieces, when it gets golden, leave aside in the same plate the sausage pork is.
- In the same oil fry the cured ham and leave aside when it’s done. In the same oil place the onions and garlic cloves. Slow down the fire and stir until you get…
- This texture and colour (see my powerpoint). Make a sauce out of the tomatoes and pour into the casserole. Stir at medium fire.
- Rinse the snails and have them ready.
- Keep on stirring until tomatoe looses all its water and gets a oily texture and changes its colour.
- Add all the meat back and stir for 5 minutes. Put the snails into the casserole and stir for another 5 minutes, so that the sauce gets everywhere.
- Add a glass of water and one of these small spicy red peppers. Have it all cooking for 45 minutes at low/medium fire.
- Add the flour, the salt, the sugar and the black pepper and stir until you get a thick sauce. They will be done!! Now you can eat and lick them!!!