Fancypants Grilled Cheese Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
IngredientsThis one is all about the ingredients, so get the best you can and don't skimp!
- A nice loaf of crusty bread (I used rye)
- Aged cheddar cheese (at least 2 years)
- Half an avocado
How to make Fancypants Grilled Cheese
This is a basic grilled cheese sandwich, gussied up a bit. In homage to The Minimalist, Mark Bittman, I'm giving you the recipe, even though you likely know full well how to make a grilled cheese sandwich!
- Slice up two pieces of your crusty bread. Slice some hunks off of your aged cheddar; enough to cover both of the slices. Put the cheddar on the bread. Don't mess with butter!
- Insert bread with cheese on top into your toaster oven. Toast until the cheese is melted or even browning on top, depending on your preference.
- Remove toasted bread and cheese slices from the toaster oven and put on a plate. Mash up half an avocado with a fork, as if you were going to make guacamole.
- Place avocado atop cheese on toast. Press slices of toast together to form a sandwich. Eat hot and savour the avocado and cheese dripping out of the ends!