Chinese Pearl Meatball (珍珠丸子) Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1 cup of soaked glutinous rice (soaked for 2 hours)
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 table spoon soy sauce
- 3 table sppon wine (dry sherry)
- 2-3 table spoon of sesame oil
- 1 sprag of green onion (chopped)
- 1/2 can of water chestnuts (chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1 egg
- Chopped ginger
- Black pepper
- Optional: Dried Shitaki mushrooms (3-4) (soaked and chopped)
- Optional: Dried shrimps (8+) (soaked and chopped)
How to make Chinese Pearl Meatball (珍珠丸子)
- Soaked the rice for 2 hours.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients with ground pork in a mixing bowl and add 1 to 1.5 cups of water. Mix well and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Spread out the soak riced onto a plate
- Roll the meat into a small ball with the help of a tablespoon.
- Gently roll the meatball on the plate of rice to cover the meatball
- Place onto a plate that can sit inside of the bamboo steamer
- Bring 1/2 pot of water to boil and place the stacked bamboo steamer (with the plated meatballs inside) on top. Make sure there's a good seal between the pot and the steamer
- Steam for 30 minutes
- Take off the steamer from the pot and let it cool
- Suggestion for plating: plate the meatballs on top of a bed of shredded lettuce and surround them by green broccoli or shredded green and red bell peppers.