Bacon and Mushroom Risotto Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
Ingredients4-5 strips of bacon
1/2 Leek cut into smaller pieces
1 Portabella Mushroom cut into smaller pieces
1 cup Arobrito Rice (Risotto Rice)
2 cans (about 4 cups) Chicken Broth
Grated Parmesan Cheese
How to make Bacon and Mushroom Risotto
- Cut bacon into small square pieces
- Cook over medium heat till slightly crispy in skillet
- While the bacon is cooking add the chicken into a separate pot and heat until just under the boiling point. Keep it at this temp (approx) for the duration of the recipe
- Leave in the bacon and the grease and stir in the risotto, mushrooms and leeks to saute for about 3 minutes
- Using a ladle, add one ladle of broth into the skillet with the mixture
- Let heat to a low simmer and stir frequently until the broth is almost gone
- Repeat this process of adding a ladle of broth and stirring until the broth evaporates
- This should continue for about 20 minutes. The rice is done once the texture is firm, but not crunchy. It should also be a creamy consistency.
- Add the grated parmesan cheese as desired. I added some just before the rice was done cooking to let melt into the mixture and then grated a little more over the top before serving.
- Salt and pepper to taste.