Roast Beef Crostini Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
- 30 slices of baguette
- 15 very thinly sliced pieces of rare roast beef
- 15 sprigs of watercress
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 tbsp horseradish cream (this makes it fairly mild, so if you want more, then just start here and add a bit more to taste)
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
How to make Roast Beef Crostini
This is another, slightly posher, variation of crostini toppings (like in this recipe). It's super easy to make since there's hardly any prep time for hte individual ingredients, but tastes and looks rather impressive. (Makes 30)
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Place the slices of baguette on a baking tray and drizzle lightly with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 5 minutes, then remove, flip the slices over, drizzle with a little more olive oil and bake for another 5 minutes. Set aside on a wire rack to cool.
- Mix together the sour cream and horseradish cream in a bowl. Taste, and correct the seasoning.
- Cut the roast beef slices into half, lengthwise, and wash and dry all the sprigs of watercress.
- To assemble, place a sprig of watercress on the baguette slice, then top with a dollop of the cream mixture, then roll up the slice of baguette and sit it in the dollop of cream. Try not to use too much cream (about 1 heaped tsp per slice should do) as the taste will end up overpowering the beef and the watercress.
Note: To make in advance, the components (cream mixture, roast beef slices, watercress sprigs, crostini) can be prepared in the morning, and kept aside until just before your guests appear, and you want to assemble them.