Apple Crumble Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp AP Flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter (cut into coarse pieces)
- 2 cups granola (w/o fruit)
- 5 Granny Smith apples (peeled and sliced)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
How to make Apple Crumble
Maple syrup makes this crumble great.
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- For topping: combine 1 cup of flour with brown sugar, baking powder, salt, butter, and granola.
- For apples: toss apples with granulated sugar, remaining flour, lemon juice, maple syrup, and nutmeg.
- Spread apples in a shallow baking dish, sprinkle with topping and bake for 1 hr (or until topping is golden and filling is bubbling).