Gooseberry Pie Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 4 C. fresh gooseberries, stemmed and tailed
- 1 1/2 C. sugar
- 4 T. quick cooking tapioca
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. ground cinnamon
- a dash of ground ginger
- 1 T butter
- 1 double pie crust
How to make Gooseberry Pie
This was my first time cooking with gooseberries, and it turned out rather well I think. An interesting, tasty pie.
- Crush half of the berries in the bottom of a medium saucepan.
- Combine sugar, tapioca, salt, and spices. Mix into the crushed berries.
- Cook berries until thick and bubbly. Cook 2 minutes more.
- Add remaining whole berries to the saucepan. Mix briefly.
- Turn berries into pie shell. Dot the top with butter, seal the top and flute.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 400° F. Let cool before serving.