Crusty bread rolls Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
Ingredients200g strong white bread flour
50g plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons yeast
0.25 teaspoon vinegar
How to make Crusty bread rolls
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, knead to form a smooth dough.
- Cover the dough with cling film and let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until it doubles in size
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and shape into balls. Set aside to rest on a baking tray (lined with greaseproof baking parchment) for 30-40 minutes.
- Preheat oven (15 minutes before baking) to 200 deg. celsius (Gas Mark 7)
- Spray the bread roll doughs with water (to give the crusty top)
- Bake for 15 minutes (till the bread rolls are cooked).
- Serve warm with soup, or keep in airtight container once cooled.