Keropok Lekor (Fish crakers) Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
1) 1 kg Mackerel fish
2) 500g sago flour
3) Salt to taste
4) 125ml water
5) Some ice-cubes
How to make Keropok Lekor (Fish crakers)
1) Clean the fish thoroughly, remove its intestines and chop off its head and tail, leaving the body intact.
2) Make slits along both sides of the fish, then scrape off the meat; discard the bones. Pound, chop or mince the meat finely, adding salt to taste.
3) Add some ice cubes and continue mincing the fish meat. Add sago flour and water. Stir the mixture until it becomes a soft dough.
4) Dip your hand in the sago flour and roll the dough into a cylindrical shape.
5) Boil a potful of water. Drop the keropok lekor into the boiling water.
6) Wait for it to float and remove with a slotted spoon. Set aside to cool.
7) Cut the pieces diagonally into thin slices. Dry in the sun thoroughly, then deep-fry in hot oil.
Serve with - SAMBAL IKAN BILIS (CHILLIES SAUCE);
• 100g ikan bilis (dry anchovies), soaked and washed
• 3 tbsp oil
• 1 Bombay onion, sliced
• 2 tbsp chilli paste
• 5 shallots
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1 stalk lemon grass, thinly sliced
• 1/2 tsp belacan (dry shrimps) granules
• 1/2 tsp ikan bilis (dry anchovies) granules
• 1 tsp sugar or to taste
• 2 tbsp lime juice
• 2 tbsp water
1) Heat oil in a wok, saute pounded ingredients, chilli paste and belacan until fragrant.
2) Add ikan bilis and big onions and stir-fry well.Mix in lime juice, water and seasoning ingredients. Mix well. Dish out and serve.