Kueh Kosuwe Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
Gula Melaka syrup (A):
1) 250g gula Melaka (palm sugar)
2) 50g soft brown sugar
3) 500ml water
4) 2 pandan leaves(screwpine pandanus), shredded and knotted(optional)
Cake mix (B):
1) 100g tapioca flour
2) 180g rice flour
3) 450ml water
4) 1 tsp alkaline water (optional)
5) 1/2 grated coconut, use only the white flesh (i.e. do not grate close to the shell)
6) 1/2 tsp salt
How to make Kueh Kosuwe
1) Bring gula melaka, brown sugar, water and pandan leaves to a boil to dissolve the sugars. Strain the syrup.
2) Mix both types of flour and water in a mixing bowl. Stir the syrup into the flour mixture. Add alkaline water. Cook the mixture over a gentle low heat into a slightly thickened batter.
3) Spoon batter into greased small chinese teacups or cupcake's mould. Steam over rapid boiling water for about 15 minutes.
4) Mix grated white coconut with salt and steam for four to five minutes. Remove and spread on a big plate to cool.
5) Leave the steamed kuih kosui to cool completely before removing from the teacups or cupcake's mould. Toss kuih kosui in grated coconut and serve.