Senorita Quesadilla Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
- 2 small flour tortillas
- Your choice of shredded cheese, I used a smoked cheddar and asagio. Spicy cheeses would also be delish!
- A dollop of low fat sour cream
- Mamacita Black Bean Salsa (see recipe)
- Olive Oil
- Pinch of Chili Powder
For Mamacita Black Bean Salsa
- Black beans (your choice on the amount, I used the canned variety and one can was plenty for a medium sized mixing bowl...or switch out black beans for another kind. This is all based on personal taste!)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup fresh corn
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 medium sized roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup jalapeneos, diced
- 1 lime
- kosher salt
How to make Senorita Quesadilla
- Grease frying pan with a small amount of olive oil and let heat momentarily.
- Place one tortilla into pan and cover with shredded cheese, leaving space around the edge. Let cook until cheese is partially melted and scoop desired amount of Mamacita black bean salsa on top of cheese.
- Spread a healthy amount of sour cream onto one side of the other tortilla. Add a sprinkle of cheese on top of the cooking tortilla.
- Place the "sour creamed" tortilla on top and let cook for 1-3 minutes. Flip over and repeat cooking time.
- I like to put extra Mamacita Black Bean Salsa in the pan until the onions and corn begin to brown.
- Remove quesadilla from pan and put it on a plate. Sprinkle extra salsa that you cooked on top, add a dollop of sour cream and YUM!
- This could be good with chicken, beef, pork, fish or even tofu if you prefer.
Mamacita Black Bean Salsa
- Chop/dice/mince garlic, cilantro, onion, tomato and jalapeneos.
- Drain and rinse black beans and put into medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add corn, chili powder, kosher salt, pepper to black beans.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, onion, cilantro and jalapeneos to bean & corn mixture.
- Cut lime in half and squeeze juice of one half into mixture. Place the second half in middle of bowl and cover it.
- Place in refridgerator for 2-3 hours before serving.