Sour Cream Sugar Cookies Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
- 1/2 cup Crisco
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream -cinnamon and sugar for topping
How to make Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
Don't let the name scare you off...these mounds of sweetness never give off a hint of thier sour cream bloodline...just delicious cinnamony goodness. A recipe handed down in my family and a favorite with coffee and tea.
- Cream Crisco & sugar together.
- Add eggs & vanilla.
- Beat untill light.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients and sour cream alternatley to creamed mixture.
- Drop by heaping spoonfull on greased cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar BEFORE baking!
- Bake at 400F for 10 - 12 minutes.