Bolo de fubá - Cornmeal cake Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
"Bolo de fubá" is a rustic cake and it's delicious when served for breakfast.
- 200 gr of butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2-3 eggs
- 1 cup of cornmeal
- ½ cup of all purpose flour
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2-3 tablespoons of coconut flakes or grated parmesan cheese (optional)
How to make Bolo de fubá - Cornmeal cake
- Beat the butter and the sugar well.
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- Add the corn flour, the wheat flour, the milk, the baking powder and beat well.
- Put the cake mixture in a mould previously greased with butter and dusted with wheat flour.
- Bake the cake in preheated oven (350 F) for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and done.
- Let the cake cool down.
- Remove the cake from the mould and serve.
You can find corn flour in supermarkets or in deli shops.
Instead of coconut flakes or grated parmesan cheese, you can add some fennel seeds (erva-doce) to the cake mixture.