Beer Beef Bolognese Parpadelle Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
- 1pack parpadelle(8oz for 2 servings, 16oz for 4 servings)
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1tbsp pancetta, cubed
- 1lb ground beef
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 14oz of whole tomatoes from a 28oz can (keep the rest in the fridge in air tight container)
- few dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- some dried oregano
- some red chili powder
- black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 bottle of dark lager/ale, adjust accordingly to your alcohol threshold
How to make Beer Beef Bolognese Parpadelle
- Heat pan with some olive oil and fry the pancetta, then adding the onion, saute until the onion becomes transparent
- Add ground minced beef, garlic, and worcestershire sauce, then fry until beef is lightly browned, and then add the lager and cooked until reduced by about half
- Then add rest of the ingredients, mash the tomatoes in the pan, and allow sauce/gravy to simmer on low heat for 45mins
- While gravy is simmering, start boiling water and cook the pasta according to instructions.
- When pasta is cooked, add into the ragu sauce and mix well. Serve immediately.