Lychee chicken Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- ~1.5lbs chicken thigh (you can use chicken breasts,leg fillets, wings), cut to bite-size pieces
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 1tbsp salt
- 1tsp sesame oil
- 1tsp sugar
- 4tbsp corn flour to coat chicken
- 2cups oil for deep frying
- 1tsp chopped garlic
- 1tsp crushed ginger
- 1can lychee, drained, syrup reserved
- 1tsp red chilli flakes
sliced spring onion and red chilli (for garnish)
- 1 cup lychee syrup
- 2tbsps tomato sauce
- 1tbsp corn flour, mixed with 1tbsp water
How to make Lychee chicken
- Marinate chicken with soy sauce, salt, sesame oil and sugar for 30 mins. Roll chicken in corn flour and deep-fry till golden brown.Set aside.
- In another pan, heat 1tbsp oil over medium fire. Stir fry garlic and ginger for 1-2mins. Add sauce ingredients, and cook till sauce thickens.
- Add the chicken, lychees and chillies. Mix well, and allow simmer for 3-5mins.
- Garnish and serve.