cottage cheese pancakes Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 80 g wholemeal flour
- 50 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 80 ml milk
- 50 ml yogurt
- 1 tsp melted butter or vegetable oil
- 1 medium egg
- 3 tbsp cottage cheese
- your choice of fruits (I used 1/2 apple and 1/2 pear)
How to make cottage cheese pancakes
Please pardon the unsightly honey puddle, I took too long to get a picture. This recipe makes 6 mini pancakes.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Stir in sugar.
- Beat egg lightly and whisk in milk, yogurt and butter or oil.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and pour in liquid. Stir to mix well with a spoon.
- Stir in cottage cheese.
- Heat some butter or vegetable oil (outside quantity stated in recipe) in a non-stick frying pan. Pour a ladleful of pancake batter into the pan and cook over a medium heat until brown and crisp. Flip over and cook the other side. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Serve with chopped up fruits, yogurt and honey, or any other condiments you like.