Super Easy Cheesecake Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 200g (half a box, or about 13 biscuits) McVitie's digestive biscuits, crushed.
- 65g butter, melted.
- 375g (one and a half 250g blocks) cream cheese, softened.
- 3 large eggs
- 9/10 cup castor sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract (very optional)
Anything you want! For example:
- 1 can of blueberries, drained.
- 300g frozen berries, defrosted. (If using raspberries, sweeten with 2-3 tbs of sugar. If using fresh raspberries, top with a shower of icing sugar.)
- Can also be topped with drizzles of melted dark chocolate or sprigs of mint
How to make Super Easy Cheesecake
- Combine biscuit crumbs with butter then press into a 9" flan pan (I used a Pyrex flan pan, great for serving in) or tin. Chill.
- Beat the cream cheese with the sugar till smooth, then add eggs. Pour into prepared base and bake at 170 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Top with fruit, pushing it slightly into the still hot cheesecake. Cool and serve. Alternatively, you could top the filling with the fruit before baking to cook the fruit through.