Calamari Ring Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 500g fresh squid (sotong), cut into rings
- 500ml oil for deep frying
- 300g corn flour
- 1/2 tsp salt (marinade)
- 1 tsp sugar (marinade)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (marinade)
- 1 egg white (marinade)
- 1 tbsp curry powder (marinade)
- dash of five spice powder (marinade)
- 1 tbsp plain flour (marinade)
How to make Calamari Ring
Crispy, tender, mouthwatering calamari .... need I say more? I made this while D2 and his brothers were watching vcd "House on Haunted Hill". Perfect snack.
Marinade squid for at least 30 minutes. I left them in the fridge for the 1 whole night.
Coat with corn flour and deep fry the rings (in batches) about 1 minute, or until they are golden (the secret to crispy calamari is hot, hot oil, just below the smoking point).
Serve immediately with lemon wedges, garlic mayo or any sauce you want.