Durian Crepe Cake - Love it or Hate it Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
IngredientsCrepes (14 - 16 pieces of 16cm in diameter)
200g cake flour/plain flour (I use cake flour)
3/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp sugar
3/4 tsp vanilla essence
70g melted butter
450g durian pulp
150ml whipping cream
How to make Durian Crepe Cake - Love it or Hate it
1. Mix all ingredients for the crepe together till you get a smooth runny batter. Strain if your batter is lumpy. Rest the batter for 45 minutes.
2. Heat up a non-stick flat based pan on medium heat and grease it with some butter or oil (I used corn oil). Pour in appropriate amount of batter and cooked till surface of the crepe is firm then flip over and cook for a little while more or till the crepe is of the golden color that you liked. Repeat with the remaining batter. ** I used a 16cm cake ring as a girdle so that the size of my crepe will be uniform.
3. Remove seeds from the durian and mash durian pulp with a fork till creamy.
4. Whip whipping cream till stiff. Add in the durian pulp and blend with a spatula till well combined.
5. Put a piece of crepe on a cake board, add in the filling and smoothen with a flat palette knife. Make sure the filling is spread evenly, otherwise the cake will be lopsided. Alternate with a layer of crepe and a layer of filling. Chill the whole cake in the fridge.
6. Remove from the fridge and rest at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
1. Number of crepes depend on the thickness that you like. Make it very thin and you'll get more crepes.
2. The filling I had was only enough for 11 crepes.