Black Pepper Crayfish Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 3 Crayfish, scrub to clean and chopped in half
- 3 tablespoon Butter
- 2 Red Chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 tablespoon Black Pepper, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Minced Onion
- 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine
- 1/2 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 5 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoon Sugar
- Cornflour for dusting
- Oil for frying
How to make Black Pepper Crayfish
- Dry-fry black pepper till fragrant.
- Remove and set aside.
- Pat dry the crayfish and dust with flour.
- Deep fry till golden brown.
- Heat wok, add the butter.
- When the butter has melted and begins to 7. sizzles, add the garlic, onions and chilli and stir fry fragrant.
- Add the oyster sauce, light soya sauce, 9. sugar, pepper and cooking wine.
- Mix well.
- Add in the water.
- Add the crayfish and stir fry on high heat till the sauce has dry.
- Dish and serve.
- This recipe is originally meant for Singapore 2nd famous seafood, Black Pepper Crabs. So try this with crabs!
- If you can't take it too spicy, leave out the red chilli or add more if you want it more spicy.
- Replace light soy sauce with 2 teaspoon of dark soy sauce instead for colour, if you like.
- You can add some curry leaves when you are frying garlic and onion to add fragnance. Remove when the leaves turn dark green and are crispy. Add them only at the end for garnishing.