Malaysian Curry Chicken Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
-1 whole Chicken -1-2 tbsp of Red Thai Curry Chili Paste (ready made in can) -2 Potatoes (skin removed) -½ cup of Meat Curry Powder -Olive oil -Salt and Sugar (to taste)
How to make Malaysian Curry Chicken
- Cut chicken into small to medium pieces.
- Mix some water with about ½ cup of curry powder and marinate the chicken with the curry powder paste.
- Cut potatoes into big cubes and fry them in a non-stick pan with 1-2 tbsp of hot oil in low heat until done. Set aside.
- In a pot, heat up about 2-3 tbsp of oil and stir-fry the 1 tbsp of chili paste until fragrant.
- Add marinated chicken pieces into the pot and mix well with chili paste. Brown the chicken a little and add 1- 1 ½ cups of water. Let it cook.
- When the chicken is almost done and you see the oil raises up, add 1/4 can of coconut milk, some salt and sugar to taste.
- Lastly, add in cooked potatoes and stir occasionally until the meat is cooked.
- Serve curry chicken hot over rice or fried vermicelli.